Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pearl Harbor
















Sat. 14 November 2009 Lyle & I took Grant to Pearl Harbor. A very solemn film preceded the ferry out to the Arizona Memorial. War is a horrific waste of everything I hold dear. I thank God my sons have not been called on to sacrifice their lives like thousands have before them. I could go on, but I will not do so here. We had fun touring the submarine docked on site. Grant would have never fit! We were impressed with all the engines and equipment on board, it must be deafening at all times in a sub. Grant is crouched next to just 1 of 4 diesel engines used to keep the generators (more noise) going. At least in the Moonlight Maid the engines/generators could be shut down at night! We did walk up to the Aloha Stadium to go to the Swap Meet, but there was a UH game that evening so no swap meet. We don't watch the News here, so who knew!




No comments: